Thursday, May 22, 2008

Happiest Birthday in Years

Nothing extraordinary, perhaps, to the untrained eye. Went to work, ate lunch by myself, went to the gym after work.

A co-worker made my day by bringing in lime jello and some Disney coloring book pages her and her daughter had colored for me. One had a candle taped to it, since her daughter insisted I had to have a candle for my birthday.

I had been complaining a couple weeks ago that the company café never served lime jello. Just the red flavors: cherry, strawberry, cranberry. She made a tub of it. It was the perfect gift. The thing about jello is that you can utterly gorge yourself almost without remorse.

Google created this special logo for me:



A handsome Asian woman handed me a daisy as I was leaving the gym.

My girlfriend bought me 20 golden kiwis.

It even rained a bit on the way home. God -- or deterministic meteorological events -- giving me a car wash for my birthday.

When it comes to preposthumous events in a preposthumous author's life, few are as preposthumous as a birthday. Today I felt like that kid in my favorite Dr. Seuss book:



I had a wonderful day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home