Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Disapproval

I take a little pride in saying that I was part of that 10% that didn't approve of Bush even right after 9/11. Now that his approval rating is diving to historic lows, the contrarian in me is almost inclined to approve of him. Almost.

I didn't vote for him in 2004, but I'm happy he was re-elected. His administration has managed the mess created in his first term about as well as it could realistically be managed. The surge has made the best -- which isn't that great -- of a bad situation. I don't think Kerry could have stopped the economic collapse. And at least we won't have to listen to delusional conservatives trying to pin the miserable state of the country on a hapless Democratic administration. Well, we will, but for the time being, they will be rightfully scorned or ignored.

So who am I voting for in the next election? Gore. I'm voting for someone coming up with a god-damned time machine and going back in time and electing Gore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home